Wednesday, May 6

Wednesday Weigh In

I am down 3 pounds. I am weighing less than I have in years. FANTASTIC!
I know I must now look like I have been loosing weight because I have had several people in the past week comment on my weigh loss. And if that were not enough, getting dressed on Sunday became quite a chore. Most of my Sunday/Dressier wardrobe is 2 sizes too big. I have a couple of dresses and skirts that fit okay, but I like variety. After changing my top 3 times I finally landed on the blouse that looked least baggy....what I problem, why am I complaining.
I'm not really complaining or trying to say ha ha look at me...I guess I am just frustrated. I have all theses really nice clothes that I can no longer wear and I feel real guilty getting rid of them. Gary suggested that I talk to one of my neighbors who understands tailoring and ask her if any of the garments are salvageable. Great plan, now how to fit it into my life.

On the diet front.....Following the Word of Wisdom as a a diet plan has me eating more whole plant based foods and less animal based foods. This past week has been a real eye opener. I feel full all the time, almost too full, I have a lot of energy, and I lost some weight. The mind change that I Incorporated this past week was, when making a choice on what to eat choose a vegetable or fruit first, followed by whole grains. Animal based foods should be the last choice, and make up 10% or less of your diet. I am really trying to avoid all processed foods...which is a challenge in this crazy world.
The biggest challenge so far with this eating style is to find menus that my family is happy eating....If mom does this every one has to participate. I think they would be happy with almost anything for dinner, but I am still very uncertain how to cook this way. We had organic brown rice with stir fry (no oil) vegetables for dinner the other night. It was great, and tasted delicious, but I don't feel like I can do this for dinner everyday.....Gary asks why not, Asian families eat that way....he has a point. I will figure this thing out. Eating this way will have long term health benefits for me and my family so it is worth it.
Interesting fact I recently read...eating a plant based diet can actually repair some of the damage done to our bodies from eating an animal food, refined diet....damage to our heart, veins, pancreas, liver etc....
I guess following the manufactures guidelines on fueling my body is the best choice.....you wouldn't give your car the wrong fuel so why do we do it to our bodies?
MCC

No comments: