Tuesday, May 19

Can I Really Be That Old?

Last night Gary and I were told that we will be Grandparents this coming winter. While the news is very exciting, it also causes me to ponder......can I really be that old? I'm not saying that in years I'm not old enough to be a grandparent, after all I have friends my age who have been grandparents for several years now. But am I mature and wise enough to be a grandma............
My grandma Butters is now 93 years old and she has been my grandma for almost half of her life. She has been a wonderful example of what a grandma should be like..........spiffy, fun, crazy,.....get the picture, no sitting still and knitting baby booties for her and definitely not for me.
I am glad that I too will have several months to figure this whole thing out.

Congratulations Jordan and Laurie! This will be a fun adventure.
MCC

1 comment:

D2Quilter said...

Congrats! You're gonna love being a grandma!