Tuesday, May 19

Sew, Sew, Sew

Just because I know how to sew doesn't mean I want to sew....I especially don't want to mend and fix and alter....not fun, not fun at all.
I am fixing Cheerleader Uniforms for HSM....why? We all know that cheerleader uniforms are small and tight, but these are ridiculous, where they are too small is not around the waist or bust, but the Arms Eye. It is too small and tight....these poor girls are having their circulation cut off at the pit. They are so tight that they are very difficult to even get off. Cutting a new arms eye is not a possibility because we need it done now! So, for now so I am letting them out by releasing about an inch from the side seems, in the under arm...not a perfect fix but a fix none the less....I bet we still hear complaints from the whiners.....who knew you could sing "fat man in a little coat" to cheerleader types?
I am also altering my own clothes...I don't want to complain because it is really great, but I have to take in all of my clothing. The big problem is I don't feel comfortable taking in some of the clothing because of the design, or fabric....what if I ruin it? Yikes....but why should that matter, if it is ruined or too big either way I still can't wear it....Taking in darts and tucks are one thing but when an item needs re-cutting I should just stop...... I will just have to figure this one out. Now if I were sewing something for ME, from scratch, that would be different. I love to create and to make from the flat fabric a movable creation that looks fab.....I'm dreaming of a yellow summer, flowy, dress.................
MCC

No comments: