Tuesday, May 12

Spring Cleaning


Spring is full upon us. It is my second favorite season. I like it because of the smells and the friendly weather, or to put it like the girl in the movie "Miss Congeniality" when asked "What is your favorite date?" Her reply: "April 16, it's not too hot or cold you can wear a light jacket."

So it is light jacket weather, at least in the mornings and evenings. I don't like spring becasue it is time to clean, clean, clean.......i know, I have to clean now because come summer it is too hot and I get too distracted.


I supposedly have been cleaning for months now....I have but I haven't finished ...I am too distracted, and now I only have 3 more weeks to finish my projects, and then Hayden will be out of school....the start of summer......I will want to play not work....I hate being a grown up, especially in the summer.


The Spring cleaning projects left on my list aren't many...just BIG.


1. Complete cleaning the loft and re-paint and decorate it.


2. Yard: Front flower beds, and make back yard nice and livable.


I know the loft has been on going since February.... I am ready to trash it all, but as soon as I do that, Gary will want something that is long gone......I really need to give him a deadline with this clean out project and stick to it. I am going to paint the loft with one dark brown wall and light tan for the other walls. Hayden also has a plan for the arraignment of the loft....a new game room for the pool table, gaming consoles, a TV and couch, craft/sewing room space for Mom, and the family office....does anyone need a large used desk?


As for the yard...it comes around every year.....The front yard flower beds need some reorganization/transplanting, and a lawn barrier/border. All of this will take some muscle and time. The Backyard....I would love it to look like a magazine spread about back yard living....nice furniture, cool umbrellas or canopies, new grill, maybe a rug, and great area lighting. I would also like the flower beds in the back to look fab. The ultimate dream would be to have a swimming pool and all that includes......but out of the neighbors sight, out of my mind so it always falls to the bottom of the list. Wow, a pool would be so nice....I'll keep dreaming.


MCC

No comments: