Friday, March 27

YUMMMMM!

Coconut Birthday Cake with 7 minute frosting....made by my sweet Megan...the baker.

I love coconut and my family knows it. I can't wait for Thanksgiving and my mom's coconut cream pie. So, a coconut cake for my birthday was a real treat....and it was a made from scratch....just like my mom used to make...a scratch cake with 7 minute frosting......what a flash back. Megan told me that she needed unsweetened coconut milk for the cake recipe and couldn't find any in the store....so she made it herself. She was so ingenious she went to the Internet and Alton Brown from Food Network told how to make coconut milk at home......it must have been right, the cake was delicious! She also said the making 7 minute frosting for the first time was a real experience....it made her nervous, but when I told her it was the frosting we would use for our graham cracker villages she was calmer, and knew that she was making it right.
YUMMMMM! Just thinking about it I want another piece!
I have set a goal of eating at new restaurants when we go out....not the same old boring. Last week we went to 'Em's' in SLC. It is behind the conference center....It was very good.
Tonight I am looking for something fun for the whole family to enjoy. We are still celebrating my Birthday......a year ago for my birthday was the first time Laurie went out with us as a family..... I am so glad that she is a part of us now.....any way where to eat tonight....we need fast and fun because they also want to go to a movie. I will have to check out the reviews to decide. I love discovering new to me.....I hope it turns out to be a yum!
MCC


No comments: