Friday, March 13

Friday- Thoughts on my week

Yeah, it is here! Gary has been gone for a whole week and returns today. After 3 months of his being home more often than not, the week long gone was a new/old thing....hope it doesn't start up again. I miss having him around.

I had the wonderful opportunity to spend some time with my Grandma Butters twice this week....it was the best of times and the worst of times, getting old sucks. One day she was very frail and blue, she needed her oxygen. She also seemed very sad. I wasn't sure if she was going to make it through the day. The second day she was my old fun loving grandma. We reminisced and had a great time. She was dressed for the day, unusual because as of late she just stays in her robe. She also was very sharp with a come back and even thought she needs to have her oxygen she seemed fine without it. One of the funny things she said this week--when asked what she was doing she responded with "I'm going to take a sponge bath or die." I didn't know that death and sponge baths were on the opposite sides, but hey who knew. I was so glad that Megan was with me on her good day. Megan commented on how much better she got to know grandma from our visit. ....here is a funny thing she said to Megan; we were talking about her being Queen of the May at Morgan High School. She told us that the queen was the most popular girl in the school. She then said "It's because I reek with personality, well at least I reek." She is so witty.

I have been stewing about Elder Call and his need for some new clothing....He tells me that it is no big deal , but to me it is. You see the old Nelson was very particular about his clothing. He would select it for comfort, and style. He didn't like things too tight or too loose. He took great care of his clothing also. No one could do his laundry for him,we would do it wrong. He wouldn't use the drier for most of his clothing because it would shrink, or change the feel, or color, etc...He was the Dry Cleaners number one customer....a habit that I cautioned would be hard to use in the mission field. When we purchased his mission clothing he wanted shirts that felt best against his body, the shirts he selected weren't the standard missionary issue, no they were a bit pricey, but looked really nice. His pants had to be just so, not tight, not loose, and never to short. He took a collection of ties that would make him look like one of the best dressed...... I can't imagine the old Nelson being okay with Elder Call's ill fitting shirts, and pants......I guess that he is now understanding that clothing really doesn't matter as much as he thought it should.
But I am still stewing until he/we get him some better fitting clothing.

We all have too much stuff....new week, same OLD thought. However I just can't seem to rid myself of my stuff. I want to get rid of it or store it creatively, but I am having difficulty doing either......I will conquer the stuff someday.

Birthday's--- I had to make a birthday list this week. I decided not only to tell what I wanted but to show as well and made a list that included photos of several things I wanted.....This caused a lot of stir, but hey a pictures is worth a thousand words. To Gary all it said was "I can't stop working."
Besides my list I am excited for my birthday this year. I don't know why, I'm getting older which I have already said 'sucks'. I think I am excited because I love it being all about me.....it's the Love language thing coming into play again i think. Anyway, I was discussing my birthday with Gary and decided that I wanted to create a list of 50 things I wanted to do before I was 50. Gary cautioned me about making my wishes too grand but hey if you stop dreaming your dreams, you stop living your life.

The rattle between my ears is currently on over load. I will have to do something to slow down the chatter......time for a good book.

MCC

No comments: