Thursday, March 12

Weighing in...okay so I am a day late!

I know it is not Wednesday...but I am still weighing in....no loss this week. But that is okay. I am still on track to loose 5 pounds by my birthday.

Her are some interesting weight loss facts I discovered this week:
We are told to drink more. Get more liquid into our diets, that we are dehydrated....well that means WATER, not juice, chocolate milk, soda pop, etc....
Did you know that most beverages contain at least 100 calories per cup...and no one I know just drinks a cup.
If you drink a 12 oz. non diet juice for breakfast, 32 oz. of regular soda for lunch and 8 oz of chocolate milk for dinner you have added more than 700 calories to your day! That can add up to 1 or more pounds a week....Don't drink your daily caloric in take.....drink WATER with every meal.....and have an occasional sugar free beverage.

You burn more calories standing than sitting....and if you have good posture you will burn even more calories. Even when sitting.....Stand up straight!
My Dad was a real stickler for standing straight and tall ...he would say S&T, meaning straight and tall. I know he would say this to me because I was a world class sloucher, but I guess besides making me look better he was helping me burn more calories...thanks, Dad.

Why does the "good" for you food taste not so good? I read a great theory in "A Tip A Day Guide for Healthy Living" by Melanie Douglas.
She said - It is Satan's Deception. Our food supply in the 21st century has been infiltrated with with empty calories, fat, sodium, chemicals and sugars. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains did taste superior at one time---before we were introduced and marketed the processed food of the 21st century. 'Satan has succeeded at creating a relentless pressure to eat; he wants you to eat a bunch of junk that provides temporal satisfaction only. He is jealous of your physical body and wants to degrade yours.' We are stronger and better than he is so have willpower and determination to make healthier choices.
Great thought!

Off to clean more carpets----
MCC

No comments: