Thursday, March 26

Happy Birthday To ME!

This is what my 48 years looks like....not bad, but I am working on the improvement.
I am a wife, a mother, a mother-in-law, a sister a daughter, a grand daughter, a cousin, a niece, an aunt, a friend. I book movies and manage a movie theatre. I don't know if this is defining but it is an influence of who I am. I have always laughed when people define themselves as their occupation...."I'm a Doctor." or "I'm a Teacher." is one better than the other does the occupation really define who you are? To define better who I am I would have to ask other people but here are a few words I hope they would use to define me.....kind, helpful, happy, inquisitive, nurturing, good cook, artistic, fun, optimistic, peaceful...............

To help better define who I am, I have decided to do '50 by 50'....I am making a list of 50 things I want to do by 50. 2 years will come and go, so I feel I have to do something worth while.
Gary has cautioned me not to dream to big for my 2 years.....I say if you don't dream you don't live......and if you don't write it down and plan on it, it won't ever happen.
I know that there are travel things I want to do, and education things....but what about the adventure, daring, risk taking? Am I up to including them on my list?

I have been reading Phil Keoghan's book NOW - No Opportunity Wasted 8 Ways to Create a List For The Life You Want. He says the reason we don't do things is because of the 10 great excuses: 1. I don't have the money. 2. I don't have the time. 3. My job is my life. 4. My family must always come first. 5. In my spare time I need to relax. 6. Not interested in dying right now. 7. My spouse would think I am crazy if I did that. 8. I am too old for this. 9. I am too out of shape and have a bum_____. 10. I just don't think I can do it. After he debunks your excuses he shares 8 themes to help you crate the life you want. 1. Face your fears
2. Get lost. 3. Test you limits. 4. Take a leap of faith. 5. Rediscover your childhood. 6. Shed your inhibitions/express yourself 7. Break new ground. 8. Aim for the heart. All of this is good stuff that I will use to help make my list of '50 by 50.'

On this day I would like to thank my Mom and Dad for my life. They are the best...they started me out right. It has been a great 48 years. I am glad that there have been so many wonderful people around to influence and guide me. I hope that these folks will help me and join with me in my '50 by 50'. Today I will begin again, another year of life, another year of growth, learning and adventure.
Happy Birthday To ME!
MCC

1 comment:

Melwel said...

Happy birthday sistie....what a cute picture of you.

I love the 50 by 50 idea...I'm on board. ... Now I want to read this book too.
love ya