Monday, March 9

Rainy/Snowy Days & Monday

I'm not really down...but the weather today is a gloomy rain soon to be snow mix. They are predicting up to 8 inches at my house...

SPRING WHERE ARE YOU?

The thing that brightens my day is Elder Call sent us a photo...He looks so happy, and skinny. Look at his collar....I will have to send him some new clothes, but I need his new measurements.His smile just makes my heart happy!

This month is supposed to be my month of Action.....it is now the 9th and I don't even feel any motion...so I will have to recommitted to the action thing.

We had our Stake Conference this past weekend...It was wonderful! Why am I always amazed when the promptings of the Spirit I have had are confirmed?.....I have really been prompted to plant our garden again.....around December...... In January our ward began encouraging us to plant a garden or allow others in our ward to use our garden spots. In conference the Stake Pres told us all to plant gardens..... I guess I was told to plant a garden....So I am really going to plant our garden, not just think about planting it.
Dad says it is time to get it ready to plant my peas.....after the snow melts....He will be my go to guy for this project. He has always grown a garden of some type,,,,,when we were kids we had a very large garden, and fruit trees. We had to tend the garden and help with the harvesting and preserving of the produce.....great memories. Dad now mostly plants tomatoes, but it is because of our garden that I love radish sandwiches, and new potatoes and peas in a white sauce. So last night I asked him about when to start, that is why I have the info on peas......He then asked what else do you want to grow? I looked at him like an idiot. This is something that I will now have to figure out. Megan suggested the salsa vegetables, good idea. Hayden asked why don't you just buy it made form the store? He is such a city kid.
Our garden isn't really big but it would provide enough for us this summer.
When I told Elder Call about the garden thing he responded in true missionary fashion....Remember the parable of the sower....good soil, good, seed, good care equals good fruits.....Got to love him! Gary says Nelson advice comes from being happy that he will not have to worry about the garden and the work that comes with it....it should be fun!
I have been studying Square Foot Gardening. I will defiantly use the methods and ideas that are suggested and go to Farmer Cole for the hands on advice. Who knows I may like gardening after all......

Back to work...it's showtime!
MCC

No comments: