Wednesday, February 25

Wednesday Weigh-In

3 lbs. down...yeah! That is a whole lot better than last weeks mini loss.
I looked back at my weight loss journey this past year and have found that I have lost 30 lbs. and have kept it off...yeah for me!

I am loosing wight to become more healthy and happy...and yes, along with the health comes other great benefits....clothes that are fashionable, the ability to exercise without the pain, ability to keep up with the kids, etc... However, I do have a new reason to loose the weight. I just got notification of my 30 year High School Reunion...yikes!
30 years, it can't have been that long ago.....I went to our 5 year reunion, it was still High School. I haven't been to any of the other reunions, I had conflicts, and the last one was extremely expensive. Besides I still see several people I went to school with regularly.
But, I really want to go to my reunion this year. Not only to re-connect with other friends, but yes, to see how everyone is turning out....are they fat (like me) and or bald, did they age well, did anyone have the 90210 treatment, did my Friends and acquaintances accomplish their dreams, are they married with children, where do they live, are the popular as cool as they thought they would be, who is rich, who is poor, is there anyone who is semi-famous? Isn't this why we all go to our reunions...to check things out and to see if you measure up or are better than what they thought you would be or that you are better than the others?

I told my kids to go to their reunions. Jordan and Megan both attended their 5 year and had the same response as I did...it is still high school.
Gary hasn't attended his reunions, but lately has connected with several of his friends from high school on Facebook. He has had wonderful conversations with people he went to school with who now live around the world. The most interesting thing he is discovering is the impact/influence he had on them over 35 years ago.
Jordan, Megan & Nelson have kept up with their high school friends on Facebook. I am so happy that they have this communication tool at their finger tips. It makes keeping connected so much easier. I have tried to find some of my old friends on Facebook...they are not there as far as I can tell, but I will keep trying to find them.

For a week now I have been thinking about the three questions posed on Good Morning America that will help you gain some control of your life so that you can loose the weight....

What is my life deprived of?
Where is my life out of balance?
What am I really hungry for (not food)?

I have not come up with a good answer to any of them....but I do know that I am out of balance on so many levels, I feel deprived in many areas of my life, and as for hunger....I know what I am motivated by, recognition, words of affirmation. Is that what I hunger for, recognition? If that is the case then I had better figure out how to always get the recognition or words of affirmation I need to feed me, while living a fulfilled, balanced life....that is a tall order, but a good thing to work on.

Well I am off to the gym to get my self in shape, for health and yes for my reunion... I want to look GOOD! ......and to get the recognition and affirmation to feed me.
MCC

No comments: