Thursday, February 19

Oh What a Beautiful Morning and other thoughts

Spring is on its way!!!
This morning the sky no longer looked like winter.....yes, I can see the difference. I know that there will still be snow and cold for a few more weeks, but the promise of spring was in the sky.
The Sun was different, the color of the sky was different, the clouds looked different. We have about a foot of snow still on the ground, but I can already see those crocuses trying to push out of the ground! Then there will be Daffodils and Tulips.....

Back to Wednesday Weigh-in......I heard an interesting thing this morning on Good Morning America's Fit Club. They had special speaker/motivator Cheryl Richardson, talk to them about getting control of their lives. She told the group to answer three question about their lives...
1. What is my life deprived of?
2. Where is my life out of balance?
3. What am I really hungry for (not food)?
The answers to theses questions will help you gain control. She told the group that you can gain control of your life when you make things routine....Routine gives you consistency, builds up hormones you need to be happier, gives you balance and most important gives you control.
The group decided for the most part that they stray from their diet goals when they have no control of situations in their lives.....get Routine and Gain Control....then stop eating.
What a great step in our battle for fitness.

Off to School.....I am almost done with Jr. High School!!!! I have SEOP conference with Hayden's counselor this morning....oh joy!?!?!
I'm back...it wasn't bad. We discussed High School, planning for College, grades....which keep improving, and the results of a standardize test he took earlier this year. Hayden is brilliant.....I didn't need a test to validate that, I could have told you he is brilliant, but then again I am his mother and all mothers think that their children are brilliant until they prove otherwise. All of my children are still brilliant....in their own way. Anyway Hayden benefits from being the youngest, I get it ...how to do school, what to stress about, what to expect from a teenage boy etc.... It is always interesting to speak to school counselors...they have been over trained in how to 'talk' to theses kids....for the most part the kids look at them like they have no clue what their real world is like. Counselors speak from a script and not to the real needs and concerns these kids have....all to preserve the child's self esteem, to make them feel like winners! Kids, especially those who are in the middle know that they don't really care, that it is all just talk. They know that all the counselor is concerned with is getting their pay check---to do this they share the general info to every one, figure out how to deal with the "bad" kids and how to receive accolades for the number of kids who are the over achievers....most of the kids, the middle ones know this and just accept it.
........I could go on and on about the public school system......I am glad I survived it!

But is digress...again......
Spring, YEAH, it is on it's way and it makes me so happy. Maybe this will be my motivator to get my projects in order.......I have so much I want to out doors this spring and summer.

...oh, what a beautiful day!
MCC

No comments: