Thursday, February 5

Motivation

I need some motivation to get my projects done. They all seem so big and daunting......is there a light at the end of the tunnel? I spent today doing things that were necessary but not necessary. To use one of my favorite words, I SQUANDERED away my time with, with....oh my, I can't even remember what I did today, it was that unimportant. I can tell you though that I didn't work on one of my many projects. I do remember telling Megan that I had so much that I needed to do........I need motivation!

MOTIVATION...what am I motivated by? Is it money, fame, satisfaction, security, fun? Some say the end result is the best motivation. As to that, the end result, I know I will love the end results but that is not enough to motivate me to start, continue, or finish the job.

In examining myself I know that embarrassment motivates me, but the projects at hand are personal, there is no reason that the non completion of my current projects would cause me embarrassment. Another of my motivators is words of affirmation...you know, great job, you were fabulous, you look great, etc... My current projects will not garner much appreciation or cause others to marvel and compliment me on my achievements.

So where to begin and why..... AHHH!-- WHY is the answer. Why am I doing theses projects? I need to find a big enough 'why' for each project so that I feel motivated to start and complete them and a 'why' that is big enough that I feel sufficiently rewarded by the big 'why' when the project is done.

Great now I have a new project...discovering the why. I sound like a kid, "Why.....?" "Why.....?" "Why.....?".

MCC

No comments: