Monday, February 9

Monday's Mumblings

Good weekend....very relaxing and selfish...doing what I wanted to do.
Monday is here and with it SNOW! It is still winter here so I guess that it is okay.
Elder N. Call asked for some snow photos to be sent his way... he didn't say why, but it is summer in the land of the Kiwi's. Elder N. Call is on to his second Aussie companion....They don't know snow, maybe the photos are for his 'snow free' companions. This whole no snow thing got me to thinking again about snow, I love it, and I love all the varieties of weather we experience right here in good old Utah. I understand from Megan that here in Bountiful we didn't even get any snow today...now Layton and Ogden, they got some pretty heavy duty snow...school should have been canceled according to her.
I was telling Elder N. Call that our lives are pretty much the same from week to week... I don't want to become boring and get into any dull ruts...I am going to have to work on changing things up a little more.
This weekend we ate at a completely random restaurant...we were driving and spotted "The Blue Plate Diner" in SLC...Hayden remembered that it was featured on Diners Drive Ins and Dives on the Food network, so we stopped there for dinner...it was decent....their specialty is breakfast and Mexican food...the traditional "blue Plate" fare wasn't bad however. After dinner we were driving north on 15th East in SLC and spotted a few more restaurants that we will have to try out. Change, change,chhaange....
What is with the economy? What happened to just plugging along and doing your best? Living within your means wasn't in most folks vocabulary and now they are asking for a government bail out.....biggest problem with this, is that the governments money, is my money and quite frankly I am not happy with who they are presently giving hand outs to....the wealthy big wigs....I don't mind helping out those who truly are in need, but if you have a mansion and a private jet you need to sell a few of your pricey assets and join the ranks of those living in the real world. Speaking of the bail out/stimulus money....why don't I get a break for paying my mortgage, and other bills and living within my means? Why is it that only the idiots (Richie Rich and Orval Overspend) are getting government help? I will have to cast my Vote differently next election and get try to get someone elected who has a clue on how to wisely spend the peoples money.
I think my mumblings are going to start to be murmurings so I had better quit while I'm a head.
New week, new plans, new resolve....just do it & do it better than before!
MCC

1 comment:

Dora said...

Great blog! Thanks for sharing.

If you have a few moments, I'd love some comments about the Blue Plate here --> http://dinersdrive-insanddives.blogspot.com/2009/01/diners-you-sent-me-to-dv0402.html

thx! and keep warm. :-)