Thursday, February 12

COOKIES!!!


Happy Valentine's Day!

I just finished with my one of my few tradition......For Valentine's Day I make hand dipped cookies, and then I lick my self sick doing the clean up.....(I always tell myself that I will not lick the spoons and bowls while I am cleaning up, but....the chocolate is so good, and I have no will power...I am on a sugar high....I feel sick!).

I have been making chocolate dipped cookies as a Valentine treat for years...yes, years, at least 15 years...probably more, I can't remember....brain is getting feeble. I make around 100 cookies each year to share with family and friends. They are the Call family Valentine....food vs. cards, you tell me what is most appreciated.....

Valentine's season is usually the only time I make them, however, there are two exceptions I can think of.....both are what was I thinking experiences?
In November I made the cookies as a special request for Jordan. We used them as a favor at Jordan and Laurie's pre-wedding dinner....good idea, but to much work for the mother of the groom before a wedding. When I was Relief Society President I had this crazy idea to go with our theme for the year.....cut out a cookie in a leaf shape and dip it. We used it as a birthday treat for every sister in the ward...too much work to make a few (less than 20) at a time....they are best fresh.

I am often told that the dip cookies are a big fav of the nieces and nephews....if I am late with my delivery on Valentine's Day, as in the cookies are not there for their pre-dinner snack it is not good. At J&L's wedding dinner, the nieces and nephews picked up and took home the extra cookies that were left on the tables, telling me that they couldn't believe that some people left them...

Nelson is sad this year that he won't get in on the cookie action...I told him he was too far away and that by the time he got them (10 days minimum, even by express mail) they would be crumbles....He will just have to dream about them....besides he had them in November. He cried "Not fair!".....I sent them to Jordan and the other family missionaries in the USA....all I can say to that is, there are benefits for staying close to home.

Love to all, XOXOXO!!!
MCC

No comments: