Monday, February 23

Monday Mumblings

The Oscars are over...I loved the show. Hugh did a fabulous job...(reminded me of his TONY gigs and his performance in "The Boy From Oz"...One of my favorite shows of all time....probably because of Hugh). I really liked how they had 5 previous winners present the 5 nominees in the acting categories. It made it very personal and a real honor to be nominated.
I haven't seen all of the Best Movie nominees...but I am willing to see (have seen) 4 out of the five.

Elder Nelson....he needs new suits! This is great because he has lost so much weight. Not so great because that means his new clothing needs replacing. On Saturday he will have been gone 100 days.....I told him to make the days count.
He tells us that everything is awesome in NZ (he is into the missionary terminology). However he said he had a rough week....oh no, not my boy....I will pray for him to buck up....rough makes you stronger.

"Millie" at Rodgers....Great show! Megan, Melinda and Landon did a terrific performance.
I wish that the whole show was up to their level. They understand that you need to be fully invested in your part to make it work...even if you are only in the chorus. Melinda sang beautifully as Muzzy and saved her party scene. Megan as Mrs. Meers was so fun. To bad that they didn't have more singing for Meers to do in the show. I felt cheated as did the audience that her one solo song isn't very long....Megan makes the most of being the villain.

Why don't people return phone calls? I have called and left messages all day long and have had no return calls.....arrgh. It makes doing your job a chore.

Mumble, Mumble, Mumble....
MCC

No comments: