Monday, November 14

Teaching

I was recently called as a Relief Society Teacher.....I have taught one lesson and I am preparing for my next lesson for this upcoming Sunday. The idea of teaching adults used to frighten me......then I had to do it every so often as RS Pres.  It wasn't half bad. I knew when I was called that this is what I was supposed to be doing. I am so thankful that with the teaching of lessons comes the opportunity to prepare, study and learn. The first lesson I taught was on the Signs of the Second Coming, this lesson is on The Final Judgment...I know both are heavy lesson and could be depressing.  I have found the study of both topics fascinating and exciting. This new calling has giving me the excuse to read conference talks, new and from way back, to study the scriptures and re-dedicate my life to that which is most important. 
When I think about it I know that this calling is a love note form my Heavenly Father......I was lamenting the fact that my scripture group had disbanded because our leader was called on a mission. Scripture group prompted me to be a better studier of the important things.....For some reason I need the prod to to the best things in this life.......so anyway, I look at the call to teach as my Heavenly Father telling me that he knows me and knows that I need this.
I am so thankful that I get to teach.


MCC

No comments: