Wednesday, November 2

Children

Yes, I am thankful for my children....I know hard to believe, but true.  They are wonderful people, examples and fun to be with.  I love them all so very much and am thankful for their love and tolerance in return.
Being a mom has been a joy, better than I could have ever imagined! Probably because I basically have good, easy kids.
Today is Hayden's 18th Birthday and we started the day remembering what his birth day was like, then talking about each of the other 3 kids births......After a slow 24 hour labor an8 lb 14 oz Jordan was on time, the due day and in time for lunch, a rare occasion according to the sibs. After the Jordan ordeal, I couldn't produce contractions on my own hard enough to push out a baby, the doctor told me that I would probably have to be induced to get any other kids here so......
7 & 1/2 lb. Megan was over a week late but came in the morning like a ray of sunshine during the Mo Tab Sunday morning broadcast. We rushed in to delivery when the choir began singing "Gently Raise" and we were weighing and measuring to "God Be With You."
Nelson was early because Gary was leaving town and the doctor said let's do it. He was jaundice but in good health. His arrival time was 5:30, in time for dinner. He weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz.
Hayden followed the 5:00- 5:30 time frame, but was a week late. I guess he wanted his own birthday and not to share it with Jordan. He was late since he couldn't decide how to make his appearance, head first or sideways and baby upside down.....it was not fun getting an 8 lb. baby to turn around inside of you. He is a joy and an great addition to a family that thought they were done. It's a good thing he let his dad know he was to be here with us. I couldn't imagine our family without him.  He was the ray of hope during the aftermath of the fire.

 Hayden as his silly self.
 #70

The other good things about my kids so far (I mean good thing about Jordan) is the wife he picked........OK, so really it is he was 'pick-able', because Laurie picked him. Any way Laurie is great! I am glad she is one of the family, she fits right in. Getting a grown up child is pretty cool.  And with Laurie  and Jordan you get the best thing yet Captain Awesome, Ry Guy!



I am thankful for my children......grand and otherwise, all of them...really.

MCC

No comments: