Tuesday, January 20

Weighing in

Why has my weight stayed the same for 10 days?
Is my scale broken?
I weigh my self every morning...I have done so since my Grandpa Butters told me that he weighed himself every day. Grandpa weighed himself so he would know how to eat for the day.
I think I weigh everyday so I can drive myself crazy.
I have this routine, I weigh and chart my weight. I have created a graph showing my ups and downs. I have kept this type of chart for several years. I can tell you my weight for March 31, 2004.... why do I still care?
Most diets tell you to only weigh once a week. Probably so you don't become a crazy when your weight goes up or stays the same, day after day.
So Why, why do I weigh? I don't use my daily weigh in to help with my behavior, I still eat the same, exercise the same....AH HA! I keep doing the same things, so I will get the same results... AH HA! I need to make changes. Maybe the first thing I should do is be more like Grandpa and use this information to gage how I will eat for the day....It is worth the try.
Day one, eat less and maybe the scales will show a drop. (Like that is a novel idea).
Nelson has reported a 40 lb. weight loss since he left on his mission...he told us that 10 of it was probably his gain from the MTC... but even if it is only 30 lbs., 30 lbs. in 2 months, WOW, that is incredible. I asked what he was doing different...eating less-- he has little money for food and is discovering that you 'eat to live not live to eat'. exercising more --he is biking 10 miles a day, and sweating ....and boy does he sweat.
No new ideas just new circumstances and life style...where do I sign up?
I won't give up but I will eat less.
MCC

No comments: