Tuesday, January 13

Diet Report

I wish I didn't have to think about dieting...that it all came naturally....alas that is not my gift.
I went to the Doctors today, he is helping me with my diet...I have other problems besides eating to much food, and doing to little activity; anyway I am down 12 pounds in a month...mostly water weight, but hey 12 lbs. is a reasonable healthy weight loss. He tells me to keep doing what I am doing, only do it better?!?!?!
I have been much better in thinking about the food I ingest....I still have my biggest failures after 5:00PM....I will eat anything on hand.
The other day I was analyzing when I eat....all the time...I eat whether or not I am hungry. Currently I can feel a lump of something in my stomach area....but I could still eat. The feeling isn't a full I've eaten a big meal feeling it is more of my stomach seems to ache a bit so maybe food would help.
...and what do I eat?
I eat what is available. I don't have particular cravings....except for the feel of diet coke carbonation in my mouth and going down my throat. I decided to cut the soda for now so that is probably the why. I also know that I like strong flavors of food. The other night Gary and I went out to eat at Market Street, they are currently doing a big Crab event. It was okay... the stuff you put with Crab isn't strong flavored so after a while it all tasted a little bland to me...The doctor says my taste is being affected by not drinking enough water....I don't like the taste of water, and yes it all has a taste to me. I know, drink more water!
Part of losing weight is knowing your body, how it feels and functions, and knowing your current eating and exercising habits so you can make and feel changes. I will keep working on it.
The good news besides the weight loss is that I am exercising more and actually liking it...maybe at some point I will want to exercise...not just enjoy it following my workout.
Off to figure out what's for dinner....and try to keep my mouth from consuming needless junk the rest of the day.
MCC

No comments: