Wednesday, January 28

Wednesday Weigh-in

Okay, so my scales can move and thank heaven the direction was down! I am down 4 lbs. this week. I have taken my own advice and I am trying to eat less and exercise more/harder...it must be working. Little steps each week.
We have noticed a big change in the eating habits of our family in the past two months.....since Jordan and Nelson left home. I have cut back on the milk, bread and nacho chips, but I didn't realize that I needed to also cut back on the cheese, peanut butter and other snacks. Apparently Jordan and Nelson ate nachos with cheese, drank all the milk, and were snackers. The four of us are eating totally different now that they are gone. We eat more fresh fruit, and drink more juices, water etc....no soda. Our dinner meals are smaller...I think I was taking 4 person recipes and doubling them so we always had tons of food to eat, and we all ate it. Now I make servings for four and we have no or minimal left overs. And if I make to much I have been freezing to eat at another time. With no snack food around we don't seem to be snacking after dinner either, which is a big help with the weight loss.
I also have found a way to help me through the mid afternoon snack attack...I have been drinking more water, flavored with crystal light. I also have been eating an apple or a special k bar. This seems to slow down the need to find something to eat.
On to a new week. What to incorporate this week?
I have been reading about boredom eaters....people who never know if they are full or hungry, they just eat because they are bored. I think that this is me...I have never known when I was full or hungry...I just eat. I have noticed that if I am busy I don't eat. So yes, I am a thoughtless, bored eater. The mid afternoons are when I am usually finished with my projects so I am bored and...I eat.
This week I will try to keep busy and I will think when I eat and understand when I am full and hungry....this should be a great challenge, after all I have been eating like this since.....forever.
MCC

1 comment:

Melwel said...

Yeah on the downward scale. I'm a bored eater too.
Need to stay busy..
SMile