Saturday, January 3

Let it Snow vs.Winter Schminter


One of the reasons I love living in Utah is the weather. I love the four seasons. I love the re-birth of spring in May. I love warm summer days. I love fall…it is my favorite season for weather, temperature and the beauty of nature. I love fresh fallen snow. However, I hate to shovel snow, I hate to drive in snow, I don’t like to be cold, but it is better than to hot, and I hate ugly March Snow.
The shoveling of snow and driving in snow is the only reason I ever consider moving to a warmer climate, and it is because of snow that any area north of my current residence will never be considered a place of home. I heard Dustin Hoffman say that the weather in Minnesota isn’t cold, it is mean. Amen. I have been in those extremely cold locations and the snow on the streets doesn’t melt all winter it just goes icy and like saw dust. Further north winter is cold to the bone, winter is six months long and the snow is on the roads until the spring thaw, and then they have floods…..that could be worse.
I guess the Utah Snow isn’t so bad after all. When the storms pass the sky turns a beautiful bright blue, and the sun makes the snow sparkle….I love Utah fresh fallen snow sunny days! The snow in Utah is special too, it reminds me of down feathers, it is powdery…the greatest snow on earth. I guess the shoveling isn’t so bad either when you have a snow blower and a loving husband and sons who will dig you out when they are around. I have to shovel sometimes myself, but that is okay. As for driving in the snow…I try not to. I usually use the snow as an excuse to stay home and bundle up. I guess will just have to keep reminding myself that the features and benefits of Utah snow outweigh the bad side of snow any day.
Ah winter schminter…let it snow!

MCC

No comments: