Friday, January 30

How much stuff can I have?

Friday--Well another week down, also the first month of 2009...wow, how fast.
This weeks report...
Family - We all are healthy and happy...Nelson reports that things are great but that he is hot, hot, hot, which means he is sweaty...yuck. (He tells me that it is like Utah in August but very humid...I know I would be miserable).
House .....still digging out the mess...storage room and closets are never ending!!!! Gary is set up in his office but the loft mess still remains...he promised that he would work on it everyday for an hour or two...so far he has given it an hour on Tuesday night.....oh well. The Attic storage room is a black hole...I keep pulling out stuff I had forgotten about or didn't even know I had....lots and lots of fabric. Do I still sew or even want to? I have enough large fabric scraps to make lots of doll clothes or fancy/weird little kid clothing....it could be interesting. I also have a lot of really dated 90's looking fabric....maybe 90's retro will be the new trend. After shopping the other day I said I guess I needed to sew again...
Other questions from the attic storage room.....how much ribbon can one person have? I have ribbon I have forgotten about, ribbon I thought I had run out of, and ribbon I didn't know I even wanted. And then there is the wrapping paper.....
Why do I feel the need to decorate for every holiday? Yes, I like decorating for the holidays, but storage is killing me. I promise, I get rid of holiday decorations every year..and I don't even try to replace them...but....
How many half finished craft projects can one person have? I have to many projects...most of them from RS homemaking day...and we haven't had one of those for years. I suppose that if I didn't finish the project then it wasn't really important to me...so off the the garbage they go.
What is all the other stuff in the closet? Wires, cords, old computers.....all junk that I need to figure out how to dispose of....
Is there a light at the end of the storage room? These and other burning questions will have to wait...I am off on a new project...the closets will have to wait.
MCC

No comments: