Wednesday, June 10

Wednesday Weigh In

I am no longer stuck, 2 more pounds gone. I am at my lowest weight since giving birth to Hayden...he will be 16 this fall.

Yesterday for Megan's birthday we went shopping. She is loosing weight as well and needed a few new things....we had fun, but the most fun for me was that I could wear a size 18 with comfort. ( I know it was Megan's day but I couldn't resist and tried on also, but I didn't buy). A month ago it was a size 20. When I seriously began all this I was a tight 24, I couldn't bear to say I was a size 26, but I was. So, YEAH for me! I will have to pull out the tight straight skirt I bought years ago with the hope that I could someday wear it. I have never worn it and I never gave it away. I think it is a size 16......now where is it at?

About 2 years ago I began my latest weight loss journey. I have had my ups and downs, the plateaus and miss steps, but I have tried to keep on track, to do something even if it was to be more focused on eating one bit less in a meal. The interesting thing is that it all has become easier to do; to eat healthier, to exercise and to just live with the fact that I will be watching my weight for the rest of my life.
In the beginning of a weight loss plan you are focused and all rah, rah, I can do this.....eventually your passion cools and most of us usually loose our drive. What clicked this time? I don't know, but this time I got my Doctor more involved. Yes, he told me that I needed to lose weight. I was told this every time I went in for any ailment....that is what the Medical profession says to every over weight person, and some Doctors stop there with their diagnosis. Luckily for me my Doctor looked a little further and found that I had Hypothyroidism, that is a low thyroid. It has taken a lot of hit and miss with the regulation, but we finally got things under control. That has really helped not only with the weight loss, but all kinds of other things. In general I feel better than I have in years. I know that this is not every ones problem, but it was one of mine. The other thing that has clicked is that weight loss/management is not a fast race. Actually weight loss/ management is not a race at all. A race has a finish and wight management is never finished. When you are working on weight loss/management you are developing habits that lead to a consistent healthy life style.
I have another 60 to 70 pounds I would like to loose, yes, that will be a whole person gone. I know I can do it, it might take me another 2 years and that is okay. By taking it slow and steady I am learning how to manage and maintain me. I learning how to create a healthy life style for life.

I keep being asked what I am doing to loose weight. My advice to anyone is to always choose healthy whole and natural plant based foods over fad diets and bad food choices.
Moderation, you can eat anything you want in moderation. However, if you know that you can't stop with one bite then don't even start.
Weigh yourself at least weekly so you know where you are. I like to weigh my self everyday. I use a graph to chart my ups and downs....I am really visual, also weighing everyday helps me know what my intake limitations are for the day.
Exercise a minimum of 40 minutes, 5 days a week. I walk and now I am doing more strength training to help boost my metabolism.
Drink lots of water. Water flushes out the bad stuff, It helps my exercise aches go way sooner, and water just makes your skin look better.
The best thing you can do is fix your brain, believe in yourself. Be positive about the process. Weight management is a lot of trial and error, discovering what works for you. Know for yourself that weight loss/management is not a race, but a healthy life style you are creating and going to live with forever.
MCC

No comments: