Monday, June 29

Vacy is Over :(

We are back...it is nice to be home, but the relaxation will be missed.

We just spent the past week with our family.
We began our vacation at Disneyland in honor of Gary's Birthday. After 2 days in 'the land' as we affectionately call it we headed north stopping to see Hearst Castle and then on to San Francisco for a couple of days.





Vacation Memories:
Disneyland/California Adventure....we did Toy Story Mania, a fun shooting rage game, 4 times.





The variety of landscape - it surprised me......I thought that the Pacific Coast highway drive would have me looking mostly at beach vistas like I am familiar with in So. Cal. ....boy was I wrong. As you travel north the beach is accessible only after dropping down a hillside or cliff....it was absolutely gorgeous. In the middle area we detoured inland a bit to Solvang, this is a Danish community. By going inland we saw vineyards, farmland, desert, and mountains, once again I was surprised.
California's terrain is varied.....in one place they call it 'the salad bowl of the nation'.....the fields were plentiful and harvesting and re-sowing was taking place. It was a beehive of activity. I now better understand how much of our produce comes form California.
Hearst Castle- We got the bug to go there after we watched Citizen Cain. It was remarkable and sad. Remarkable that all these treasures had been preserved. Sad, that it was located in the middle of no where.




Seals, Sea Lions & Elephant Seals- Big, smelly and slug like.








Golden Gate Bridge- We walked it. It was windy and cold, but awesome.










San Francisco Food- You could eat non stop in SF and still not taste it all. We loved the sourdough bread, clam chowder, corn and crab chowder, fish and chips, Chinese food, Ghiradeli Ice Cream Sundaes, Kara's Cupcakes, farmers market....... a city of great food.




Family Time- It is always best when we spend time with each other. It was fun having Laurie with us....she really got to know us all better.......nuf said.






I Love to travel, but coming home is the best.....If I never went away I would never know about coming home.




MCC

1 comment:

Melwel said...

It looks like you all had an awesome time. I'm sorry I didn't get to catch up on Sunday. Love ya