Thursday, June 18

Today is Thrusday

I have to keep telling myself that. Yesterday I could have sworn it was Thursday.......until around 5:00 when a note reminding me of RS on Thursday came.........I wasn't alone, Megan thought the same thing.
Thursday, what is great about Thursdays?
It is the day before the weekend begins, 4th day of the work week,......ummmm, it's ummmmm......nothing. It is usually just another day.
I usually don't have any scheduled plans for Thursdays......just house work, and if am really lucky the 'maid' shows up.......and boy do I need her today.
My sister uses her blog on Thursdays as a day of thanksgiving.....appropriate since Thanksgiving day is a Thursday.....another great thing about Thursday, Thanksgiving, food, family, yum!
The thankful Thursday reminds me of the gratitude journals that were all the rage in the 90's. We all read the book Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach, she told us we could have the life we dream of and one of the steps toward of getting that life is to write a gratitude journal. Each day write down what you are thankful for, because we really are so blessed. This activity reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by Charles Dickens....Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.

I am very blessed......I have been so abundantly blessed with many earthy treasures. I also have been blessed with a good whole and healthy body, and a wonderful family and friends; but most important, I have been so richly blessed spiritually.

MCC

No comments: