Saturday, June 6

Garage Sale

My neighbor had a garage sale today.....what a bunch of stuff/junk. While I was working in my yard they kept motioning to me to come on over........I kept thinking, Why? All garage sales are full of junk, junk you don't want that you are hoping someone else is desperate enough to give a few dollars for.
So being neighbourly I took a peak at what was for sale....no surprises, it was all junk to me.
When I told Meg and Hay about the sale they both laughed and said, 'well they certainly have a lot of stuff stacked in their garage, so there must have been something good to buy.' Yes, their garage is full, very,very full. For 20 years I have never seen them put a car in the garage. For 20 years when I have seen the garage open I wonder where did all that stuff come from and why are they saving it? I didn't ask why the sudden urge to sell their stuff, but curiosity is getting the best of me so I might ask anyway..........I don't think they are putting their house up for sale. Another neighbor cleaned their stuff out a year ago, no garage sale, but they did it so they could sell their house.......it is still for sale a year later.......and the price keeps going down.
Anyway, I should host my own garage sale. I have things I need to get rid of. I probably wont make the effort, too much time vs too little money. I will just send it all off to the DI..........that is the funniest part about having a garage sale, after your sale you take it all to the DI or good will anyway..... so why did you try to sell it if you thought it was junk too.
MCC

No comments: