Wednesday, April 29

Wednesday Weigh In

So I am down another pound....still not at my pre Easter weight.

What is making us fat....well, after much reading I have decided ( yes, my opinion is as good as all the others out there.), that what is making us fat is our animal based, refined and over processed diet. We eat way too much meat and animal based foods, i.e. milk, cheese, etc... We consume large amounts of over processed foods which take all the fiber out. We eat food that has been so refined that it has no nutritional value. We need to get back to whole foods, foods that our ancestors ate. By cutting back on the animal based refined and over processed food, we would dramatically cut our fat and sugar intake.
Now I am not advocating total vegetarianism, but when you look at history and read the medical facts you discover pretty quickly that the Lord, as usual had it right. The best diet to follow is the Word of Wisdom.
As an LDS person I should belong the one of the healthiest groups of people in the world. We don't drink, or smoke or take drugs.....but for some reason those things alone don't make us that much more healthy than people who do those things. LDS people have the same amount of heart disease and diabetes as the rest of the USA.
What would make us one of the most healthy groups would be to continue following the don'ts outlined by the Word of Wisdom and to incorporate the do's.
If we would all eat meat sparingly, and increase our intake of whole grains, vegetables and fruits, we would all see a remarkable difference in our health, and our weight.
When you look at the dietary recommendations of the W of W, you discover that a plant food based diet is what was recommended by the Lord. He said to eat meat sparingly...meat includes all animal based foods.
I know I have come up against many who interpret the don'ts of the W of W in their own special way, but why don't we even begin to live and promote the do's associated with the Lord's plan?

I keep knocking my head against the wall with this diet thing and the best diet for me and my family has been under my nose all the time.

An interesting side note to all of this is that this week a friend of mine was talking to a Couple who had recently returned from their mission in New Zealand. My friend asked the sister if she 'knew Elder Nelson Call?' She replied, 'Yes, everyone knows Elder Call. Did you know that he has lost 80 pounds?' She then continued on to tell my friend that the couple missionaries had decided that he has lost so much weight because he no longer is eating fast food, less meat (it is expensive) more grains, fruits and vegetables, and walking or riding his bike.

Well, if the change of diet is what is making Elder Call thinner then why not me.

This week I will think about and try to eat less meat and animal based foods, more vegetables, fruit and defiantly more whole grains...fiber. Baby steps, but I can do it.

MCC

1 comment:

Melwel said...

wow 80pounds..... I agree with your word of wisdom theorty
Congrats on the 1 pound
smile