Sunday, April 19

Monday Mumblings

I surfaced...but I am not done. Hayden and I worked for several hours trying to unearth the carpet in Gary's old office area...we succeeded in finding the carpet, but we still have tons left...the desk hutch is packed with things we can't even begin to deal with....actually most of the stuff was put into boxes and taken to the new office for Gary to go through....Gary will not be happy when he returns.....I hope he gets it done soon. I need those boxes to continue with this project.
Gary and I are stacker's...I have gotten better at tackling my stacks every week or two...Gray on the other hand rarely goes through his stacks and stacks....I will just have to do some fancy forcing to get him to do this chore....if not the new office will look like the old office with in a month.
Hayden planned new uses for the loft while helping me clean....his ideas are decent for a 15 yr. old boy...of course they center around his gaming and other activities. I think moving the gaming consoles to the loft would be a great idea.

I waited and waited and waited and waited for the letter from Elder Call....what is a mother to do. I fret over the one I am not with...isn't that just like a mother?....it finally came, very late.
It was great to hear from him and about NZ. He mentions how behind they are from the USA quite often.

I love the quote on my daily calender this weekend; "Life is largely a matter of expectations" That is so true. If we didn't have expectations what would we live for. I like most am always looking forward to the next thing....as a kid I had a cousin who would be calling her friends to plan her next event during the current event.....
Yeah!!! Miss California USA- I was so glad that someone with integrity almost won a beauty pageant. She was first runner up and this is probably why. When asked about legalization of gay marriage. She said she was glad we live in a country with choice, but personally she was raised and believes that marriage is between a man and a woman. It would have been so easy to go with the liberal crowd, the popular answer, but she stood true to her beliefs. The questioner was an openly gay man who was not pleased with her answer.
I too am glad that we live in a country where we have choice and freedom of speech. God has said that marriage is between a man and a woman. Who are we to tell God he is wrong.

I am glad that I have a new week ahead of me...In church we talked a bout recommitting....I know it is something I have to do every day. I know the secret of getting ahead is getting started....I am a person of action!

Hey, Spring, please stick around for awhile!


MCC

No comments: