Monday, April 13

Monday Mumblings

I am so glad that Easter is over....just because of the candy! I must look like a Reese's Egg, I've eaten so many of them...and we bought less candy than in years past.
This year we didn't do the hard boiled decorated egg thing ....maybe I need the real eggs to counter act the PB eggs?
So now I will have to wait until Halloween to participate in the candy gorge. Megan, Lauri and I have decided that we are going to go no/limited processed sugar.......please get me something salty.

For Easter I wanted to make a carrot cake...I know cute, bunnies and carrots....However, I don't make carrot cake. So I looked for a recipe that looked good and made it. The Frosting was to die for....very sweet and creamy...don't you just love the day glow carrots? The Cake was okay, not great. If it hadn't been for the frosting it would have been a waste. My sister-in-law loved the frosting on the strawberries I had sitting out. I am now in the market for a moist delicious carrot cake recipe.

Spring Break...we didn't do much. Hayden got to sleep in until 10:00 am everyday, LUCKY! My body won't let me sleep past 8:00 am, and that is only if I go to bed late.....long gone are the days of all nighters or even very late nighters....and I don't think I'm that old. Back to Hayden....he got his driving permit! Watch out. I had the opportunity of taking him out driving for his first time, for real. What an adventure. I had forgotten what a new driver is like....too much gas, slamming on the breaks and sharp turns....my life passed before my eyes. He got better with time. I keep telling myself that the benefit is that when he can drive legally I will no longer have to be around to shuttle him from location to location....my little boy is growing up.

Back to real life and my schedule. Ah, just a few more weeks until summer.....I know what happened to Spring?
I have decided to forget spring, after all it seems to have forgotten us.
MCC

No comments: