Sunday, December 28

Resolution Planning

2009,will it be another year to fail?
Okay, so it is just days to the New Year, what will my new resolutions be? I usually don't like making resolutions for the New Year because the resolutions just remind me of my past failures at personal goal setting.
Growing up we always were goal setters and achievers ..... I now am a goal think abouter. I have a really hard time setting a goal,making a plan and sticking too it .... Something about and Elephant and obtainable is ringing in my ears...but hey, I want the whole thing now and not just an elephant hair.
So where to begin.....what do I want to accomplish this year? My mom always reminds me that the year will pass, so I might as well accomplish something.
When I asked the fam what I should resolve to do they looked at me with blank stares.....then commented that they thought I had already made enough plans for the New Year.....hellooooo these are plans, a resolution is a personal goal, accomplishment or a change you are working on.... personally.
So, should I resolve to exercise....I have failed at this numerous times, how about diet....another failure. When I wrote to Nelson this morning the idea came to me to work on ....... (this is going to sound church centerfold....which I'm not)... I felt like I needed to work on being Steadfast and Immovable in Christ, just like the VT message for January...... easy, but hard and so very churchy..... churchy isn't bad but ........ I will keep on working on resolution ideas.....
MCC

No comments: