Monday, December 22

The Poppel who Peeped in time

Shopping with 3 days till Christmas reminds me of the song “Twelve Days to Christmas” from the musical “She Loves Me”. We are now in a gift buying time crunch…the gifts we thought we would eventually get are gone from the stores (did you know that if you had shopped early a Wii Fit would have only cost $89.99… they are not in any store and on line the only sellers are selling them for as much as $250.00, plus rush shipping. YIKES...no Wii fit for the Call’s), the on line shopping possibilities are unaffordable due to the shipping rates… In the song the rushed shoppers are not “the people who shopped in time,” but the poppel who peeped in time,” and that is what we saw today a bunch of poppel, peeping… Today as we shopped we encountered all kinds of crazy, and we were probably the crazy to someone else. Early in our shopping rounds the crowd was pleasant and focused, we got a lot (or as Nelson tells me they say in NZ - we got heaps) done. I felt like we were going to win the gift shopping lottery and have it all completed by 1:00PM…..how wrong was I. As the day wore on more and more people turned in to crazy poppels…I mean really crazy poppels, peeping…maybe the weather had something to do with it. Anyway, has much fun as the hustle and bustle of the season is I hope I never wait this long to do the majority of my shopping ever again….after all Christmas is not a surprise.
Now for the wrapping….
MCC

No comments: