Friday, December 19

A Blessed Beautiful Day

I feel like I have lost a month...I am missing the Christmas Season, one of my favorite times of the year...I am so far behind December isn't even on my radar, and today is the 19th.....ahhh! 6 days 'till Christmas?!?!

But today things have changed....
After attending Hayden's Jr. High Christmas music assembly (what a painful experience for the ears...I don't love beginning strings, or madrigal groups that sing flat. The Band was good..especially the guy on the snare drum in Sleigh Ride, and the bells in Mr. Grinch), we exited the building into a winter wonder land. It had been snowing since mid morning, and it has snowed several times in the past week (I know I have shoveled every time and boy are my arms sore), so I was not missing the snow....but coming out of the school everything was different, things looked better and felt exciting. When we arrived home a few minutes later my house was different as well, the decorations and lights looked special. The Christmas magic was in the air! Today was a day when everything fell together in a perfect rhythm....holiday music, snow, lights, family together, good holiday smells, Christmas projects being completed....it was a beautiful day, a perfect pre-Christmas Day. It reminded me of days from my childhood...the days that lasted forever and ever and the days when everything was just right.

With the perfectness of this day I didn't catch up on my list, or have time from the past month renewed to me...but I know this day was made for me. A day to fulfill a deep need inside of me, a day to find peace and be at peace with the way things are. Because of the perfectness of this day I know that I am loved and blessed by my Heavenly Father.
What a wonderful, blessed, beautiful day!

MCC

No comments: