Tuesday, December 9

Oh,Christmas Cards

Several years ago I began handcrafting Christmas greeting cards for friends and family….what an undertaking. Some years they are simple other years extravagant….and the extravagant ones usually come about because of my poor planning. Once again it is time to create the cards. I have been thinking about the process for several weeks, even months now but have not settled on a fabo idea. We had the family photo taken back before the wedding (glad Jordan followed through). I have looked at old craft books and on line. I had one idea that sounded really good but when I made the practice card it looked dumb, no personality at all.
I know that most folks no longer send greeting cards (I love those words ‘greeting cards’…think Karen Carpenter singing White Christmas. She sings it so beautifully), but I like the thought greeting cards imply… ‘I thought about you and your family’, ‘hope all is well with you and yours’, ‘all is well with us’.
No, the card is not an expensive gift but in this case it ‘is the thought that counts’…
Oh Christmas Cards!
MCC

1 comment:

MCC said...

Okay, so it is not "White Christmas". I was listening to that song and not thinking!!! The song I was refering to was "Merry Christmas Darling" -- my favorite!!