Friday, December 5

Friday!

Friday, Friday, Friday is my favorite day….the weekend has arrived. I love Fridays for several reasons the first being the ‘Maid’ arrives. Our maid looks a lot like me, yes, she is me, however she has a distinctive outfit; orange crocs, crop jeans with flower appliqués and a t-shirt. The maid deep cleans the bathrooms, does laundry, vacuums the house, washes windows, cleans up the public areas and in general picks up after the fam. (no personal space cleaning---that is why bedrooms have doors, if I don’t like what I am seeing the door gets closed). The day I decided that it was okay to be the ‘maid’ for one day of the week, made my life and weekends a whole lot nicer. Being the ‘maid’ was better than complaining that no one was helping; complaining that the mundane have to do jobs weren’t getting done. Having the ‘maid’ come in seems to inspire everyone else to pitch in quicker and help. The ‘maid’ takes the stress off the Saturday ‘to do list’ and makes Saturday and Sunday more family, friend and fun centered…not so many tasks to be accomplished, more time for play. “Work hard, then play harder!”
Another reason I love Friday is that it is the ‘Dream’ day…the day you dream about what you are going to do on the weekend. The anticipation of what is to come is so exciting, to me almost better than the actual events of the weekend.…In your mind or dream the weekend is perfect…no unexpected interruptions, no bad weather, perfect people behaving, dressing and interacting perfectly! Even if the dream doesn’t equal the actual reality, it is nice to know that on Friday my weekend was perfect.
Friday is usually the eve of something new. On Fridays most work and school ends earlier, people’s attitudes seems to be brighter with the hope of a few change of pace days, and Friday brings the ‘maid’.
Friday is a great day!

MCC

No comments: