Tuesday, December 2

Decking The Hall!

Where’s the snow? I’m listening to my favorite Christmas tunes, decorating my house and sweating to death in an unseasonable heat wave….it should at least appear blustery and late fall like. I know that it sometimes doesn’t snow until mid December. I remember Christmases without snow…but the warmth is not making me happy. I tell you as I looked down at the trees in the gully yesterday some of the trees looked as if they thought it was spring. They were that yellow spring green with what looked like buds. CRAZY! I’ll just have to sing about the snow and look at my faux snow as I decorate.
Anyway decorating my house for Christmas doesn’t just happen. It takes days, up to a week to make things look just right. As I pull out each ornament and decoration memories of seasons past come flooding back…maybe that is why it takes so long to get it done. (Taking it down can be done in a day and a half.) This year I decided to unload one storage location at time and decorate with what I found there. The only problem with this method is that like things were not put away together… (If I do this another year I will take that into consideration.) But is has been interesting and not so back breaking. It has been fun to leave spaces for known treasures to come. This also has given me the opportunity to re-think my decorations and there placement. Maybe I’ll do it new and more interesting way this year…different isn’t always better but better is always different. So back to decorating and Dreaming of a White Christmas, or at least a cooler one.

Nelson News
Nelson leaves for NZ on the 8th. He sent us his travel plans and it will be really hard not to go to the Airport...but he is rules kind of guy so I won't. Nelson mentioned the heat in his latest letter and wanted more shorts...I hope he figures out the weather in NZ, he is a hot body.

MCC

No comments: