Friday, May 7

Motherhood Is A Wild Ride


It's Mother's Day Weekend, it is a crazy weekend at best. Not only is it Mother's Day, but it is my Mom's Birthday and the last big Call from Elder Call in NZ.
There is so much to do and so many places to be and people to see that I just want to scream......in a good way.
We will be celebrating 2 moms/grandmas, a daughter in law and hopefully me, as moms.
We need to celebrate mom's birthday...and she is so hard to gift. She told me she was going to send me a list, but I have yet to see it. If it were up to me I would give her the world, since that is what she has given me. So what to do now?
The Missionary call home is much anticipated, however the scheduling brought tears.....and not selfish tears. Elder Call said he needed to do it on Saturday at 1:30( Sunday Morning for him. On his Monday he will be doing a Zone Conference) ..... No, not Saturday, we are so busy!......the tears I shed were for his sibs who I knew were very busy and committed on Saturday and wouldn't be able to speak with him when he called home.......that is until my answer man Gary said let's have him call my cell phone and we can take the call on the road. So we have now created a wild Saturday afternoon for us......Megan and Grandma Sheri have a show that begins at 2:00pm, so we are going over to their performance place to wait for the call . We have told Grandpa Lyle to meat us there too if he would like to talk with the missionary. They will each have a few minutes. Then it is off to Kaysville where Hay, J, L and Captain A will be working at the Theatre......My turn to talk comes while on the road to Kaysville.....this will be nice with just 3 of us talking and listening. We have told Bill and Mary to come down and join us if they want to talk with him.....So what should and could be a pleasant Saturday is now a big run around.
And those are just the major things that need doing this weekend...there is still Gary 's stuff to do, the painting, the yard, the cards, the crafts, etc......
Being a Mother is one wild crazy ride.
Happy Mother's Day to All of the great mothers that I love and look up to (the Sisters, Aunties, Cousins and Friends included). You make mothering look so easy.
....and happy M-Day to me too....maybe I'll go buy myself the earrings I saw on sale at Macy's......that will be a nice way to wrap up a wild Saturday.
MCC

1 comment:

Melwel said...

Love the Mary Englebrite pic....where did you find it?Happy mothers day to you too!