Wednesday, March 10

Wednesday Weigh In....and rant

Drum roll please...I lost a pound! And I ate oatmeal cookies for every meal on Monday.....Yes, I am out of control......Who knew that that they were good for weight loss?!?!?!?
I am moving along. I have 16 days to reach my goal, which may or may not happen with travel happening soon..... but I will make it...good positive self talk.
___________________________
Here is my rant for the week......
Why did the US Gov. spend hundreds of taxpayer dollars to send each household a letter telling them that their Census would arrive next next? First- like I was wondering when it was going to come...really? They have only been advertising on TV that it would come in March for months now. Second- we have a huge budget deficit, but we can spend more money on something stupid. We wonder why there are so many Americans in trouble financially. Their example is the Federal Gov. They spend what they don't have and it doesn't seem to matter, so why can't I?
Third- The Census...oh don't get me started. Why do they need to know my race? I live in America and we are Americans. If I am paying my taxes and living with in the law they should know this stuff.....
We need to pull our heads out...we need election reform, we need to hold our elected officials accountable for their mistakes....what if we charged or paid a small percent to each elected official for every wasted or saved tax dollar? I bet things would change. We need some accountability folks. That would make people think twice about doing dumb stuff.
MCC

No comments: