Wednesday, March 24

ahhh the pain!

I hate tooth aches.....going to the dentist has got to be on the bottom of my like to do list. I have even been looking for a new dentist hoping that my experience with a different dentist will be better, but alas they are all the same.... so it is back to my regular dentist to have the pain taken care of.
I began having sever pain in my lower left back teeth on Friday night....it hurt but was manageable. By the time we got home Sunday night the pain had increased, probably because of the air pressure fluctuations. On Monday morning I called my regular dentist to see what could be done about the pain......he gave me Lortab and and antibiotic of the infection. We made an appointment for Wednesday morning to drill into the matter.
Monday around 11:00 I took the Lortab, and thus began my crazy spell. I do not do drugs well. The Lortab didn't touch the pain, but it did cause me to become very loopy. By 8:00 that night I was flying, I told the family that my hands were going to fly away.....I went to bed with a flying hands, and a crazy headache. By 10:00 Tuesday morning I decided that I couldn't take Lortab...I was nauseated, had the sweats, the headache, and no pain relief.....of course Gary and Jordan both had said to me you don't do Lortab well, but they didn't explain.... I went to bed for the rest of the day trying to get the Lortab out of my system. I couldn't stand for more than a few minutes with out getting sweaty and nauseated.....back to bed. By 10:00 that night I was feeling a bit better and turned to aspirin, ibuprofen and Aleve to reduce the pain....and slept through the night.
Of to the dentist this morning feeling a bit better.....anyway it took 3 doses of pain killer to deaden the area to be worked on and I could still feel pain during the drilling.....but decided that the pain was fine as long as I didn't have to have another shot.... I went home very tender, I still have some pain, and I am very numb.....it took 4 hours for the numb to wear off..... It was a treat to try to eat and drink....can you say drool down the chin?
I get to go back next week to check it all out again....yeah!?!?! I still have a slight pain in the general area, but at least I didn't need a root canal......I have learned no more Lortab for me, plain aspirin will do just fine, that and a good sleep.
MCC

No comments: