Thursday, March 18

Hot feet

Walked my feet off discovering SoHo.... Yes I had Bern there before, but this time we are staying in SoHo at the SoHo Grand - a great artsy in an old industrial look.
SoHo is all about the high end brands and designer boutiques, salons, galleries and restaurants.
I also hiked to the Doughnut Plantation....it was good, but just a doughnut.
And I spent time in the REAL Chinatown, not the touristy place and in Little Italy....can you say gelato? Yummmm, I am glad it was a warm day.
It was Play night. Gary and I try to see at least one play when in NYC....tonight's play 'God of Carnage'. This was the 2009 Tony winner for best play. I loved everything about it, the script, the acting, the direction, etc...
We saw Jeff Daniels playing the other guy part. Originally he played Allin and James Gandolphine played Michael, he left the show and came back two weeks ago as Michael. The other treat was seeing Janet McTeer as Veronica. She played the roll in the original London Production.
I mention the direction simply because of the mirroring and some of the crazier bits....all fab and really moved and enhanced the story. The other exciting thing about this play was the design as in the set and lighting....awesome! The most amazing thing was the lighting change that takes place by the end, it literally looks like black, the color, was used and I know that that us impossible....I decided that they did either deep blue or purple gels or cast shadows.... What ever they did it was amazing!
Off to rest the feet and gear up for a few more days of exploration.
MCC

No comments: