Friday, March 19

A Beautiful Day

I want Spring/Summer to be here full time. It has been absolutely gorgeous here in NYC. I love 70 degree days. When packing I over packed knowing that the weather can change here quickly. Two years ago, this same week we were here with the family and a huge snow storm hit....the only thing that saved us from having to purchase heavy coats was that Hay and Nel were flying in after the rest of us....I called and made them pack a coat, etc... For each of us. The other funny thing about that trip was my brother Adam was in NYC for business and with the snow flights out were canceled and delayed. Adam ended up bunking with us for a night until he could get a flight out... Hay and Nel's flight made it in that morning so that night we had a very full room.... Lots of wild times.
Anyway I over packed with jackets, sweaters, warm winter coat and boots. There is a UPS store across the street from the Hotel and so I am looking at shipping things home...,,giving me more luggage room to fill with the stuff I am buying.

Today was the beginning of being the VP's wife.....I hate this part. Too many people I don't enjoy that I have to make nice with, and I am not a cocktail party person....I don't enjoy all the drinking and the bad appetizers like sushi, and antipasto, and weird cheeses....not my kind of food. The most interesting thing about the night was that I had to step up and figure things out for the other guest since the staff was too busy playing games....what ever. At least I have a break from it all until tomorrow night.
Tomorrow I plan in doing my own thing... Yeah shows and shopping. I shopped today at Century 21, finds! Tomorrow it is Macy's ( I love Macy's in NYC) and the 5th Ave crawl.
MCC

No comments: