Wednesday, March 17

NYC

I am so excited to be back in New York....thank you Gary.
I am a theatre geek so I have been to three shows in the two days I have been here.
The Addams Family was a disappointment overall...with it's all star cast I was expecting so much, but even the best sometimes can't do much with nothing. It was a bunch of songs that had lots of promise that seemed to be kluged together in the arraignment of the week....and the story was so week.
Billy Elliot was a best musical. I am glad that it won this Tony honor. The story is compelling, the staging and choreography was excellent. Of course the Elton John score was great. And how the moved the set and used it was fascinating. I was glad I got to see it.
My third show was Sondheim's A Little Night Music with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angela Landsbery. It was directed by Trevor Nunn. For an old dog it was definitely a new well done production. I was pleased with the enunciation, diction and attention to the innuendo. It was beautiful to look at as well as to listen too. The stars were fab....Catherine Zeta-Jones reminded me of Judy Dench.....
Erin Davies played the Countess and she was excellent. I saw her in Grey Gardens and Curtains and she is becoming a favorite....
Another fun thing that I did today was attend the Seth Rudetsky sirus xm radio show in the Times Sq. Visitors center. His guest were Jennifer Cody, Jennifer Lewis and Michael (played the Croc) all Broadway people who worked on The Princess and the Frog. It was an hour of fun. After the show I met Seth and told him about Megan and Hayden's love of his de- construct videos. He then wrote a note saying Hi to them and we took a picture.
I am worn out, miss my theatre buddies, but will be ready for more tomorrow.
MCC

1 comment:

Melwel said...

What a riot. I'm glad you are getting your NYC fix. What fun.