Friday, January 29

birthday's on the horizion, so what have I done in a year?

Captain Awesome's other g-ma is having a birthday Sunday.....Happy Birthday to Karen.
Karen really looks too young to be a grandma and she is one to 4 darlings.
I love Karen, but she is not the point here....the point is Birthdays.


At lunch with my friends this week we were celebrating a birthday and someone said that they didn't like this years birthday because it would bring them closer to 50......
In two months I will have my next birthday..... still not the big 50, but a year closer.
Last year I created a list of 50 to do by 50.....I was really keen on it and worked on accomplishing it all for about 3 months then like most of my great ideas and resolves it went by the way side. So today I dusted it off and took a closer look at it.....can I do it still, how crazy was I to even attempt this, what was I thinking? Oh the thoughts we have when one hasn't really even begun to reach the goals set for themselves.......

I have 18 of my 50 by 50 done or in progress or definitely planned for......but the other 32, well they are all great ideas and goals, but they all need a bit of changing...... I guess it is okay to change a few of them up, make them a bit more realistic.....(no I am not coping out, I will just move the grander things to my bucket list, the unrealistic things......the things that involve others and their agency, well those will have to be re thought out. And for the stuff that just doesn't interest me anymore.....yes, I am flighty and scatter brained and not very focused or committed....well some days I should be committed, but that is a whole other issue....back to the not interested in, it is gone). I guess what I am thinking is that if I want to really do some of theses things I had better do some re-thinking and better goal setting and planning and get some follow through......
The other thought I had concerning the 50 list was to revise it and make it a list of things that I could possibly accomplish or put into motion in a week or so....thus giving my self 52 weeks (if I start my birthday week and give me 2 vacation or sick weeks) to do 50 things by my 50th birthday.......
I think that this is the way to go.......
Now to make my list, not an easy undertaking, but then who says I will even follow through with this.....I will follow through, I can and I will do it!

Marcie's 50 by 50 - the new and improved list.....
1.

MCC

No comments: