Thursday, January 7

Opening Night

It's Opening Night...always exciting....for All Shook Up! It is such a fun show. I am glad that we have been a part of it.
The dancing is fabulous, the singing is great, the direction and staging is awesome, and if I do say so myself the costume design isn't half bad.
Jenna and Hayden are the highlights of the show, be it their lead or chorus nights. You watch them. They are in the moment and focused. Jenna plays Natalie, a girl pretending to be a boy. She is great...she looks just like her brother Aaron which is so funny. Hayden plays the nerdy best friend who is in love with Natalie. They both are great actors and singers so it is a pleasure to watch them.
I remember my opening nights of High School shows. We thought that we were so good....but I am sure we were just High School.....the fun on and off stage, the friendships that were made...Both Gary and I still have friends from those days and when we see or talk with someone from our High School shows that we haven't seen since then it's as if time has stood still.....I remember some of my lines and songs, and choreography...."Sing Out Louise!" "Spit and Chew" Quite Backstage, the live high school orchestra---not great, but memorable.......ahhh the memories.
Break A Leg!
MCC

No comments: