Friday, January 22

Friday My Favs....



I have been spending my evenings planing my home redecorating projects for the year. Last night I pulled out my favorite things book. It makes my eyes feel good.

I made this book years ago and have been filling it with my favs ...... in the book are magazine photos of my favorites rooms, locations, flowers, colors, ideas etc.... I know that some of the ideas in the book will never happen in my home or in my life time, But I also know that I have a picture of a sofa that I liked years ago that is very similar to the one in my living room.....
Most interesting to me as I leaf through the pages of my book are the similarities in colors and locations from picture to picture. Looking at it I can better see my decorating style...no my house isn't magazine perfect, nor have I copied the looks exactly. But I can see the colors, the feeling a room invokes, the furniture styles, etc.....on the pages and in my home.....
Over the years my taste and style have evolved a bit from what looked like an English county garden style to an eclectic, Tuscan, style...yes our home and life is more the eclectic and never like the garden......

The oddities in the book are the tropical beach and lake pictures. In my decorating I have never leaned to the tropical, nautical or beach in style or colors.....we live in the desert far from a tropical beach and there isn't a lake near by either..... i guess this is just my subconscious telling me to get away, take a break, indulge in a fantasy.....maybe for the back yard.....a pool, the lush garden, a stay-cation spot......
MCC

No comments: