Friday, October 30

Event Central

It's crazy town.....t -minus 10 hours 'till Hayden's 16th birthday party......really 5 hours, we have to be party ready before we leave for the football game...at least I wont be running at the last minute when the guest arrive.

I am an event cleaner....I do best with a dead line. however I don't always do my best work..... Don't look too close or open any closed doors......I clean what I am willing to let my guest see.
We told Hayden that he was going to have a party because all of the other kids have had one. When we asked what he wanted to do he said he didn't care and I don't have to have a party if it is too much work.....what a giver, how kind not to make us go to any work for him.....not! I have figured him out and after almost 16 years I have learned what he really is saying is, 'yes, I would love a party, but I don't want to be bothered with the details, you figure it out.' He just wants to be praised and served......and in that order. You have got to love knowing the 5 Love Languages, it sure makes parenting much simpler.

On Monday Hayden was a bit worried that we wouldn't be ready for the party when he came up to the loft and looked around......it was a disaster. Gary still had tons to move out....I know he moved out last spring, and I gave him a move the rest of it out deadline, but he has done nothing.....I had been using the loft as a catchall for my projects as well so it was lest than usable. It took me a whole day, but I moved all of Gary's stuff out....he was not pleased, most of it will probably end up in the garbage, but I didn't have time to go through it so I was boxing up junk and putting it in the office closet where it will probably sit for another 6 months. I cleaned up all of my junk, straightened up my desk and things and then we moved one of the gaming systems up to the loft....we now have gaming options on all levels of the house, all the board games and puzzles are up in the loft, and there is now a space for all of my craft and scrap booking stuff to be moved into.....not enough time to do that before the party. It looks so good, not perfect yet, but clean and party ready....it makes me happy.

I still have general house cleaning to do before the party but that is easy compared to what I have finished.

The countdown is on......football, party, Halloween, family birthdays, Hayden's birthday.....everyday is an event!

MCC

No comments: