Wednesday, August 26

Wednesday Weigh In

Nothing lost, but nothing gained.....I am at my lowest weight in years! That is good and bad...bad because my weight has been so out of hand and I am still overweight, good because I am at my lowest weight in 8 years (I had to think about it)......

I have been cleaning off our family room book cases because we got a new TV......yeah, it is about time. It is a very large TV and necessitated a bookcase remodel and re-do. We love books, and apparently dust....... we also have an extensive DVD and CD collection so there is a lot to organize and sort through......and then there is the stuff that I have collected that sits on top of the shelves. This stuff serves duel purposes; to add height to the shelves in my two story room, and a fun place share our collections of travel 'sombreros', beanie babies, fun old toys etc.....
It all gets a quick dust weekly, and a little more extensive dusting once a year, but not a deep cleaning and purging of stuff.......that is what is happening now.
I have sent all the business books to Gary's office, looked over all of the novels etc....Right now I am deciding what books to keep because several of us here do re-read books....a few think it is an odd practice......and what books to give away or take to the book exchange. The cook books I love, but do I really need another one, should I keep all of them.......they currently take up three shelves.
It is the sorting and categorizing that is taking a lot of time.......The videos, have all been moved into storage, the DVDs need a new sort....Nelson last summer thought he was being so clever to sort and 'nelson-atize' ---that is his version of alphabetize, our huge collection......I want to sot them again but this time into genera. Last summer he also sorted and boxed all of the CDs......they were taking up prime shelf space. They will now reside in a less than prime location since they all have been downloaded to iTunes so we don't need to access them as often.
Right now I am so glad to have moved all but one of the gaming systems and things to the basement family room.....We have kept Hayden's Wii in the family room because it is fun for the whole family......what that really means is Gary and I get the Wii -- how to use it and play it by ourselves.....and I of course have to have it close by to do my Wii Fit and Wii Active.
With the sorting of stuff I have decided to move the board and boxed games and puzzles up to the loft....My reasoning is to keep them safe from babies and small children......In fact the whole remodel is being done with babies in mind........I guess I am becoming more grandmother like.
MCC

No comments: