Friday, August 14

Lime - it's a Favorite

Last night as Hayden and I were eating Hawaiian Shaved Ice I was reminded of a few of my favorites.....yes, Hayden got lime flavoring a started in on the Brian Regan "it's a favorite" routine.....

A Few Favorite Things...for now

Lime - it's a favorite. Not fake lime flavoring but real lime as in Fresh Limes - drinks and slushies from Paces, the lime in a margarita...virgin...and Key lime pie. Last weekend at our ward BBQ i served a Sara Lee key Lime pie and was told by more than one person that it was the best Key Lime Pie they had ever had...I didn't get to taste it so i guess i will have to buy another one to compare.

Fall/Indian Summer Days - favorite season!

my iPod touch - My kids love their ipods. I wasn't really into mine until recently. I am now addicted to it.....I can see the fascination.... I love all of the information, not just music, that I can store on it and have at my ready access -- when ever I need it. However I think I am glad that it isn't also my phone.... I don't think I would like an iphone as much......then again maybe I would.

Chicago- the band that has been around since 1967. I knew I liked them, they were a fav when I was in high school, but lately I hadn't listened to their music very much; then I went to their concert last week.....They are a fav again. I have listened to their 40th anniversary Best of album everyday since.... Saturday in the Park, 25 or 6 to 4, Color My World, You're The Inspiration, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? Hard Habit To Break.......Favorites are-- the brass section, the classic guitar riffs, and the old original guys.....Robert Lamm, James Panko, Lee Loughnane, Walter Parazaider.

Morning walks

Fav Movies--a friend reminded me of them this week....I have several, and they change... this list is not in any particular order.
1. The Way We Were - almost everything I love in a movie. Good script - nice story telling, beautiful cinematography, historical significance, romance, intrigue, eye candy....Robert Redford was very nice looking at one time.
2. Gladiator, The Patriot & Troy - i lump these three together because they all tell the same type of story.....a love for ones family, country and for right over might. The Leading characters all exude a passion for their cause that is admirable, they stand for the right against some wonderful baddies.
3. Reds - Historical and thought provoking.
4. Ragtime- I love when a movie and a book and a musical are all good...so good i could watch the movie and insert the songs form the musical. Oh and Denzell Washington ...or Brian Stokes Mitchell from the musical......
5. Movie Musicals-- the old classics are the best....Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Two Weeks With Love, West Side Story, Singing in the Rain, Wonderful Town,............

Fav Books/Authors--always reading or looking for a new/old book.
When we (Melinda and me) were teenagers our mom got us reading by having us read Barbara Cartland books. B.C. wrote fictional, historical, romances.....they are clean, short, easy reads, but for a young teenage girl very exciting and imaginative.....and they led me to loving a good book....and other historic romance books..... Culinary Mysteries by diane Mott Davidson and Joanne Fluke are the best of category. Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic series and any others she has written even as Madeline Wickham, ...I am currently reading S.K.'s Twenties Girl.... Meg Cabot is so prolific, several YA and Adult series. I love her Heather Wells mystery series -Size Twelve Isn't Fat.....how do you write so many books in a year?
To Kill a Mocking Bird, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, Pride and Prejudice......

Weekends - 'nuff said......maybe each day should stand alone?
Friday-endings and beginnings all in one day.
Saturday- work hard play hard.
Sunday-Spiritual rejuvenation.....a day of rest and a day for re-committing.

Elder Call -- he makes my heart smile.















Hayden - oh to be young......youth is truly wasted on the young.














Megan - girlfriend, shopping partner, exercise buddy......









J & L - newlyweds, new love, new life.....baby!












Gary - my love and companion....eternally a favorite. ....smile, wit and knowledge are the best.



MCC

1 comment:

Melwel said...

I would agree with all of your favs......you are a favorite sister.
Love you