Monday, August 24

New Beginnings

Happy New Year! That is how I feel about a new school year starting. The Facebook status' from all the kids going back to school were kind of grim, but I am so glad to get back to "normal".....I know where did summer go, I can't believe how time files, etc...
But come on school schedule is the regular in most households.
I love the schedule school puts the whole family on. I hope I can keep as good a schedule once I no longer have school to depend on.
Since it is a new beginning what are my new goals? A couple of weeks ago I thought about this but didn't really plan for much....
After yesterdays Temple Dedication I plan to attend the temple more often and have even put it on my schedule just like any other appointment.
I have a few things around the house I would like to get done by Christmas - Loft and Basement projects....
Speaking of projects - we decided that hitting the TV in the family room to make it work was getting old....sometimes even the hitting wasn't working and then you have to wait for 30 min with it on before a picture would appear...so Saturday afternoon we purchased a new TV. The new TV is large and thus it necessitates a mini room remodel.....but the mess that goes with this min remodel is anything but mini....Gary and the boys got it all hooked up and the other electronics with it, now I have to decide what I am going to do with the rest of the stuff....it is covering the floor in three rooms.
I told Gary to think babies and toddlers when moving things and setting up.....little fingers like to explore and tug and change things...He was good to put everything just out of reach, now I need to do the same when I return things to the shelves.
Back to goals and planning:
I need to do something more learning based- I will have to look into what is available at the community school. I know they often offer a "Photo shop" class and I have signed up for it a few times , but then i have had to drop it due to my bad planning....maybe this year.
I have a few more hours this fall since I don't need to go to Football games Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays....only Thursdays and the other days if I want to, not as a parent participant.
I also want to make a few things for the baby.....
Oh what to do....to many choices and all of them good.
MCC

1 comment:

Melwel said...

It all sounds good. I can't wait to see the changes take place in your home, and the new grandbaby boy... Yeah!