Tuesday, August 4

Back To School

Today I handed out the costume plots to the high school cast of West Side Story....that means school has begun. Hayden reminded me that he has been at football for a month now, so for him with his two big activities definitely underway, school has started.
I love when the school year starts and not just because the kids go back to school for the day and I am free. The beginning of the school year has always signaled a new year for me, a time to begin again. When I was in school I knew the slate was clean, I could begin again, I could set new goals and be a better student or what ever than I previously had been.....the school is starting new, goal setting mentality still exist for me that is one of the reasons I love this time of year. The other things associated with the new school year that I also love are:.... I love to shop for school supplies...the markers, crayons, fancy pads of paper, pens, etc.....The excitement of back to school shopping, new cloths, meeting up with friends you missed during the summer months. I love the back to school autumn activities, the sports, carnivals, fairs, farmers markets etc.......and yes, I'm ready for some football. The Fall season its self is the best part of this time of year for me, it's my favorite.....everything has bloomed and matured, the harvest has begun, the world has a beautiful golden glow about it. The weather is usually not to hot during the day and the cool nights are just right. The sights, sounds, smells and feel of autumn makes me happy.
I know, I know, it is still officially summer for another two months, but my anticipation of this wonderful season is so much fun for me.
Lots to do...off to harvest from my own garden....we get a few things out of it and I have learned a lot this year about what to do differently next, but it's all good..... Maybe I will can a few things this year too....yes, another wonderful thing about fall.
MCC

No comments: