Wednesday, June 9

She's 25!?!?!?!?


WOW Meg is 25 years old today.
Here is the story of her birth....repeated again

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. I had been up all night debating on if it was time to call Doctor Frampton and go to the hospital..... I was ready, she was 10 days over due. At 6:00 am we arrived at Mt. View Hospital in Payson Utah. Being the second birth I kind of knew what I was going to experience....my previous labor was long, so long that they told me next time they might want to induce my labor. The morning was slowly moving along, the Doctor visited me while doing his rounds at the hospital. He took a look and told me he was going home, that this baby didn't look like it was in any hurry.
At 8:00 am the nurse hooked me up to a drip to help create a stronger labor......... At 9:00 am I heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir begin their weekly broadcast...."Gently raise the scared strains...." Seconds later I told Gary to go get the nurse, this baby is coming. As the nurse sauntered in I was in terrible pain...no pain meds for me...the first time the meds about killed me. I was shouting at her that the baby was coming, she took a look and the panic on her face told me the baby was coming fast. She tossed Gary his delivery room outfit and told him to hustle and get it on if he wanted to see this baby born. In the hall there was a lot of commotion and shouting for help and to get hold of the Doctor. I was rushed in to a delivery room, the table was askew in the room. Everyone looked frazzled and their was no doctor around. I knew that the nurse was going to deliver this baby, she thought she was too. In the background I could still hear the MoTab's program as the hospital staff were giving instructions to Gary and the nurse was taking her place to help the baby enter this world. Suddenly everything was spinning and good ole Doctor Frampton rushed in. His scrubs looked as if they had been hastily put on, he was snapping on his gloves, reached down and caught the baby as she slipped out....... At 9:20am Megan Call entered peacefully into the world. (I remember hearing the MoTabs closing song as I held her for the first time... "God be with you till we meet again....." To this day I think of her birth every Sunday when the Choir program begins.) Megan looked around with her big eyes assessed the situation then let out a pitiful whine....probably because she felt cold and uncomfortable. She had just been jarred from her 9 + months resting place.....To this day she dislikes the cold and loves cocooning in comfortable safe surroundings.

Megan has been a joy to have around these past 25 years. She is patient, kind and loving. Everyone loves her. Her 'white' personality is a blessing since she is the only daughter, has 3 brothers and lives with 'red' and 'blue' personalities. She is an amazing talent...her singing voice is unbelievable!
To celebrate here we are having a big shindig on the 19th....I know not her birthday or the weekend closest to her day, but hey we do what we can.....and it is my 29th anniversary this weekend! Anyway we sent out a bunch of invites for her party asking only for RSVP regrets.....so far we haven't heard a thing, which means she is so loved by everyone that no one would think of missing....yikes for me , but great news for her.
Lar, Captain A, Hay and Myself took her shopping with her birthday money yesterday (she had to work today). We had a great day which was all about Megs....we only looked at things for her. She was a great sport trying on all the clothes that Lar and I picked out for her. After hours of shopping she did get a beautiful new dress, a top, light sweater and shoes......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEG! we love you heaps.
MCC

FUNNY:
Megan told me to write on my facebook that 'I was celebrating my favorites birthday'....so I did and lets just say that the kids responded appropriately.....Hay: It's not my birthday. Meg: I knew that you liked me better than that kid in New Zealand. Jord: You must be confused it's not October 26.

1 comment:

Melwel said...

I love hearing this birth story. I remember this day. So exciting to have Little -big eyes- Megan with us. WHat a wonderful girl!